Mahdishahr Panzdah Khordad Hospital was built on a land with an area of 2500 square meters in 1961.
By developing and constructing the clinic, the radiology department, repairing and equipping other departments (including internal medicine, surgery, gynecology and obstetrics, pediatrics, emergency and clinic) and paraclinical departments (including the laboratory and radiology), it was put into operation in 1980-82.
By changing the use and constructing the ICU-CCU, dialysis and endoscopy departments, it was developed by people's aid in 1999-2000. Due to population growth and the lack of physical space and green space, the hospital officials decided to purchase the land on the south side of the hospital with an area of 1300 square meter. Also, the land on the southwest side with an area of 250 square meters was purchased by the heirs of the late Seif Alian.
It should be noted that a residential complex for the medical and paramedical staff with an area of 900 square meters (4 floors, 12 units) was built in a 780 square meter land which was donated by the late Saeedi.
New building of the hospital and increasing the number of beds:
The new building of Panzdeh Khordad Hospital of Mehdi Shahr was built during a project in the area of Darband [between the cities of Mehdi Shahr and Shahmirzad] and was officially opened on 8 February 2022.