School of Health
Within this mission, the goals of the department are to: (1) contribute to the development of a competent student body and faculty; (2) develop strong teaching and research programs; and (3) maintain linkages with health care professionals, academic personnel, and the community at large.
Upon completion of the programs, graduates will be able to:
- State how the focus of public health is upon the population as opposed to the individual.
- Describe how epidemiologic principles and techniques are applied to the measurement of health and disease.
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of data, information, and study designs.
- Describe the interface between community health education and other health professions.
- Formulate an evidence-based health education curriculum and test its effectiveness via an experimental or quasi-experimental design. Develop multi-cultural and culturally appropriate approaches.
- Conduct an empirical needs assessment in the community and analyze resulting data that have been collected.
- Describe alternative modes of program planning, implementation, and evaluation within specific health education settings such as the community.
- State how the distribution and determinants of health conditions vary in subgroups of the population (defined by age, ethnicity, gender, and other characteristics as well as internationally).
- Identify socio-cultural and behavioral influences in health outcomes and discuss their similarities to and differences from biologic agents of disease.
- Describe alternative methods that are used internationally for the delivery and provision of health care services.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, both orally and in writing.
- Define the term "health disparities" and apply fundamental models and theories of public health to health education approaches for addressing such disparities.
- Write a fundable research proposal.
- Demonstrate public health advocacy in the community and professional settings by sharing and educating those around them in the principles of public health.
Address: Damghan School of Health, next to Velayat Hospital, Cheshme- Ali Blvd., Damghan