DNA bank of SEMUMS has been set up to facilitate the access of researchers in the country to the genetic material of various biological samples stored in the three banks of the center, including plant samples, microorganisms and human and animal cells by extracting DNA from these samples and long-term storage of them according to the standard conditions of international DNA banks. It is ready to provide the mentioned samples to the research community of the country. The purity and quality of DNA samples stored in the DNA bank are tested for reproducibility and enzymatic reactions and are presented in appropriate quantities for a variety of downstream molecular tests such as PCR, enzymatic reactions, etc. DNA extraction from all samples available in the Biobank Center of the Core Research Laboratory of SEMUMS can be done at the request of esteemed applicants and in coordination with DNA Bank. If the applicants need more of DNA or DNA with more concentration in the bank, it will be provided by coordination with the DNA bank. Also, this center collects some of the vectors and hosts needed by researchers and transfers them to research centers.
- To check the list of available samples, please refer to the forms section.
- Receive the purchase request form from the forms section and, send the completed form to the center via fax or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Deposit the relevant fee in accordance with the approved tariff to the account number (Workers Welfare Bank): 165000326 income of the Deputy of Research and Technology of SEMUMS or to the virtual card number of the income account of the Deputy of Research and Technology of SEMUMS.
- This form must be approved by the head of the applicant's educational unit or research unit.
- The name of the Human and Animal Cells Bank of the Biobank Center of the Core Research Laboratory of SEMUMS and the specifications of the sample should be included in the publications resulting from the use of these cells.
- Applicants of the mentioned samples are not allowed to sell, give and transfer them to others, use the samples commercially and medically, and transfer native samples to outside Iran without the permission of Human and Animal Cells Bank of the Biobank Center of the Core Research Laboratory of SEMUMS
- The applicant and his / her organization are responsible for any misuse or illegal use of the samples.
Telephone: 023- 33654202