Psyche and Health Council
The counseling and guidance profession, using the scientific knowledge in the field of psychology, helps a person to make the right decision by recognizing and being aware of his/ her abilities and talents, and recognizing environmental factors, in order to prevent the occurrence of mental disorders, to flourish talents, and promote his/ her health.
A knowledgeable person who adheres to professional principles, human values such as (confidentiality, respecting to the personality of individuals, avoidance of prejudice, etc.).
It should be mentioned that to achieve a healthy self and provide mental health for a better life, it is necessary to have counseling centers and receive their services to help people who want to be energetic and active ones with a lot of physical and mental energy.
The counseling and psychological department of SEMUMS has been established by supervising of the Deputy of Student and Cultural Affairs to increase the level of abilities, talents and improve the level of mental health of students.
Services of Consulting and Mental Health Council:
- Helping the student to identify herself/ himself (talents, abilities, ...)
- Helping the student to make important decisions in life (field of study, job, ....)
- Marriage consulting
- Consulting to improve social adjustment (learning the skills needed to establish healthy relationships with other people and different social environments)
- Consulting in the areas of academic failure, lack of interest in the major, problems related to lack of focus, efficient methods of studying, curriculum planning, time management.
- Striving to improve cognitive, emotional disorders (psychological disorders), performing psychological tests.
- Holding a life skills workshop and teaching strategies to prevent the use of drug....
- Holding discussion sessions with small groups about interesting issues of students.
(Consulting services are free for students)
- Helping students to identify themselves (psychological characteristics, skills, strengths and weaknesses ...)
- Helping students to make important decisions in life (field of study, job, ...)
- Marriage consulting
- Consulting to improve social adjustment, learning the skills needed to establish healthy relationships with other people and different social environments.
- Helping students in academic areas (academic failure, conditional, lack of interest in the major, problems related to lack of focus, efficient methods of studying, curriculum planning, time management).
- Efforts to improve cognitive, emotional and emotional disorders and disorders.
- Performing psychometric tests, holding training classes as a working group about topics such as personality, emotional, family, training of educational and life skills, etc.
- Holding discussion sessions with small group about interesting issues of students.
- Utilizing students' potential in the form of a consultant peers plan to increase student participation in health promotion, prevention and research activities.
Services of the Consulting Council
Level 1: Prevention Services
- Group services and notifying
- Holding life skills workshop, training sessions, training classes, lectures, publishing messaging brochures, booklets and visual works
- Identifying, recognizing, modifying and eliminating deficiencies, abnormalities or possible disorders in the cognitive-emotional and behavioral domains of the individual.
- Individual and group consulting services
- Telephone consulting services (consultant voice), 023-33654200, 8:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
- Providing rehabilitation services to people who have suffered from severe disorders and disabilities for various reasons in cognitive, emotional, and behavioral functions in the educational, social, occupational, and family fields, etc.