Head of Social Assistance
Daily inspection of hospital wards with the following goals:
- Identifying and assisting patients in need, incurable patients and special patients including renal failure, MS, cancer patients, thalassemia patients, hemophilia, etc.
- Identifying homeless and excluded patients, including the elderly, disabled, addicted, runaway girls, abandoned infants, and identifying the family by a caregiver, or delivering the patient to Welfare Organization through the order of judicial authorities.
- Identifying patients who are not covered by any insurance, guiding and informing the mentioned patients to use the insurance
- Guiding and informing patients with traffic injuries to use Article (92) (Free of charge by providing an accident sketch)
- Taking necessary measures for infants, the mentally ill, the unidentified and abandoned
- Following up on the cases of the accused sent from the checkpoint, prison, soldiers and welfare clients and the relief committee
- Coordinating and taking necessary measures for the affairs of foreign immigrant patients and coordinating with relevant organizations
- Identifying cases of child abuse and introducing it to the social emergency and judicial authorities to investigate the patient's family status
Making effective and continuous communication and management with:
- Government, public, supportive organizations such as Welfare Organization, Imam Khomeini Relief Committee
- Charities and charitable organizations such as the Organization for Special and Incurable Diseases, including MS, Thalassemia, Hemophilia, Kidney, Heart and Cancer Patients
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) for Patients of Foreign Nationals (Afghan and Iraqi) to raise cash and non-cash resources to assist financially disadvantaged patients
Identifying and attracting donors, including individuals and legal entities, making relationships with them to attract financial resources and support, and supporting patients in need and incurable patients
Making communication and attracting cooperation of the Welfare Organization and its affiliated centers:
- Care centers for the disabled, nursing homes, nursery and mental health centers, for sending and receiving patients after discharge of disabled patients, runaway children, elderly rejected by the family, addicted patients and socially disadvantaged women and infants abandoned by order of judicial authorities to these centers and organizations in order to organize and assist the mentioned patients
Communicating with the treatment team to provide emotional and psychological support to patients in a variety of ways, including:
- Consulting and talking with patients and their families in order to strengthen morale, especially at the time of obtaining consent, to perform major surgery, amputation, etc.
- Following up the improvement of patients' social and psychological condition after discharge from the hospital, and preparing patients psychologically to facilitate re-entry into the community
Making appropriate communication and cooperation with other health centers to use their facilities in order to meet the needs of patients
Making appropriate communication, cooperation and coordination with legal authorities, such as the prosecutor's office, police station, forensic medicine and law enforcement stations, in order to:
- Assisting abandoned infants, cases of child abuse and sponsorship of unaccompanied or malnourished children and adolescents
- Identifying the identity of unknown died patient
- Following the receipt of documents of accident patients and accused of police stations, etc., with the coordination and cooperation of the Security of the center
Preparing the necessary database for recording information in order to plan, coordinate and optimize assisting services to provide patients who are in need of help
Consulting and social- family treatment with clients in various fields such as suicide, self-immolation, etc.
Researching and preparing reports, specialized articles and its presentation to scientific conferences
Managing social assistance
- Defending and protecting the rights of patients
- Holding training classes for patients' families to become more familiar with the patient's problem and how to be enabled and adapted to the problem
- Communicating with mass media in order to create a culture and reduce the negative thinking of society towards patients in different groups, including patients with AIDS and other cases.
Organizing matters related to organ donation (card issuance, coordination for organ donation of brain dead patients with the consent of the family
Performing other assigned tasks according to the different organizational and environmental conditions and requirements of the hospital