Social Assistance of VH
Expert of Social Assistance of VH
Habibe Soltani, BA. Social Assistance
Location: Ground floor of Velayat hospital next to the entrance door
It works from 7:15 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. in working days (on call expert will be present at the office in holidays and non-working days)
Definition of Social Assistance
A social assistant is a person whose goal in the field of health is to improve the social function of individuals and groups. The doctor treats and the social assistant participates in the prevention, treatment and follow-up of the disease. Social Assistance makes the lives of patients peaceful by helping incurable and cancer patients, according to its excellent and benevolent goals. Therefore, according to its slogan- my light illuminates others’ lives- it intends to make safe environment for patients dealing with occasional troubles in their lives.
Daily inspection of hospital wards with the aim of:
- Identifying and assisting needy patients, incurable patients and special patients including kidney failure, MS, cancer patients, thalassemia and hemophilia patients, etc.
- Identifying homeless and excluded patients, including the elderly, disabled, addicted, runaway girls, and identifying the family by a social assistant, or delivering the patient to Welfare Organization through judicial authorities
- Identifying patients who are not covered by any type of insurance, guiding and informing these patients to use insurance
- Guiding and informing patients with traffic injuries to use Article (92) (free of charge by providing an accident sketch)
- Taking the necessary measures for the mentally ill patients, the unidentified people and abandoned guardians
- Following up on the affairs of the accused sent from the checkpoint, prison, soldiers, welfare clients and the Relief Committee
- Coordinating and taking the necessary measures for the affairs of foreign immigrant patients and coordinating with relevant organizations (Red Crescent)
- Identifying cases of elder abuse, spouse abuse, child abuse, referring them to the social emergency to check the family situation and solve the patient's problem, which is done by interviewing the patient and her/ his family or is introduced to the social assistant through the treatment team.
Making effective and continuous communication and management with:
- Government, public, support organizations such as Welfare Organization, Imam Khomeini Relief Committee, Red Crescent
- Charities and charitable organizations such as the Organization for Special Diseases, including: MS, thalassemia, hemophilia, kidney, cardiac and cancer patients
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) for Afghan and Iraqi Foreign Patients to obtain cash and non-cash resources to assist underprivileged and financially disadvantaged patients
Identifying and attracting donors, including individuals and legal entities, and making relationships with them to attract financial resources and support poor patients.
Communicating with charities and donors to introduce poor patients, and providing cash and non-cash support for special and incurable patients.
Communicating and attracting the cooperation of the Welfare Organization and its affiliated centers.
- Such as centers for caring disabled, the rehabilitation of socially traumatized women and girls, nursing homes, infants’ homes and mental health centers ... to send and admit patients after discharge of disabled patients, runaway children, the elderly rejected by the family ... addicted patients, socially traumatized women and abandoned infants through judicial authorities to these centers and organizations in order to organize and assist the mentioned patients
Communicating with the treatment team to provide emotional and psychological support to patients in various ways, including:
- Consulting and talking with patients and their families in order to strengthen their morale, especially when obtaining consent to perform major surgeries, amputations and ...
- Following up the improvement of patients' social and psychological condition after discharge from the hospital and preparing patients psychologically to facilitate their re-entry into the community.
Making appropriate communication and cooperation with other health centers to use their facilities in order to meet the needs of patients.
Making proper communication, cooperation and coordination with legal authorities, such as the prosecutor's office, police station, forensic medicine and police stations, moral security police in order to:
- Checking out abandoned persons, child and spouse abuse and elder abuse, guardianship of children and adolescents without a guardian
- Identifying patients who have died unknown
- Pursuing the receipt of documents of accident patients and accused of police stations, etc., with the coordination and cooperation of the Security and Law Enforcement Office of the center
Procuring expensive medicines for poor patients, unaccompanied, etc. through coordination with donors and charities, etc.
Recording statistics and information related to discounts related to patients covered by line 129086 and special patients (dialysis, MS ...) included in paragraph (b) of Note (15) of cancer patients, psychiatrists, non-traffic injured and submitting a report to Superior organizations.
Investigating deficiencies and problems, and submitting a report to the head and manager of the center.
Performing other duties and tasks assigned according to different organizational and environmental conditions and requirements of the hospital.