Head of the Center
Vice-Chancellor of Researh of the Center
Research Members of the Center
The Research Center for Social Determinants of Health (SDH) started its activities in 2011 with the approval of the competent authorities of the Semnan University of Medical Sciences and Health Services. After achieving the necessary conditions, a request for obtaining a principled agreement was sent to the Deputy Minister of Research and Technology of the Ministry of Health, Treatment and Medical Education, in 2012, and based on the vote issued in the 244th session dated 2013/4/13 of the Development Council of Universities of Medical Sciences succeeded in obtaining agreement in principle. So, the official activity of this center began. This center succeeded in obtaining a final agreement on 2017/6/11.
Address of the center in the scientometric system of the Ministry of Health:
- Identifying and extracting community research priorities in order to make the necessary interventions
- Conducting scientific research to identify social factors related to diseases
- Conducting interventional research in order to achieve a healthy lifestyle
- Conducting scientific research to identify health-related misconceptions
- Conducting interventional research to change health-related misconceptions
- More information about Goals and View...
All social factors that are influential in the health of people in the community and cause inequality, are in the scope of activities of this center, including age, gender, income status, education, place of residence, employment, etc. These are factors that endanger the quality of life and health. Some factors are avoidable and by changing them, the health of the community can be increased.
Features and Capabilities
The mission of the center is to use its maximum capacity in the production of science in the field of social factors affecting health and also in achieving justice in health in line with the country's development programs through intra-sectoral and inter-sectoral cooperation. In addition, attracting the participation of the community and non-governmental organizations, educating the community and providing practical and applied models for health-promoting behaviors are other activities of the center. Other missions include: development and management of researches in the field of researches on social determinants of justice in health, improving the quantity and quality of research on social determinants of justice in health, promoting research in priority areas of social determinants of health with a participatory approach, attracting the informed participation of the people and developing the capabilities and skills of individuals in order to improve the lifestyle and its quality, reduce socio-economic disorders and inequalities in terms of the principle of developmental health, general documentation and evidence of inequality in health status, explanation and determination of inequality in physical health, explaining and determining inequality in mental health, explaining and determining inequality in social health, determining the distribution of health status in social groups, creating a system for recording SDH studies, education, income, security, social support and social capital, health system, lifestyle, living conditions.
- Psychometric assessment of the Persian version of short clinical scale to measure chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting: the MASCC antiemetic tool
- Seven decades of primary healthcare during various development plans in Iran: A historical review
- The Effect of Spiritual Care Based on the Sound Heart Model on the Spiritual Health of Patients with Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Quality of life in patients with hypertension and type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Immediate effect of whole body vibration on trunk proprioception in non-specific chronic low back pain
- Health literacy in the population of diabetic patients in iran: A systematic review and meta-analysis
- The effect of thyme honey on anemia in hemodialysis patients
- The effects of acupressure on the symptoms severity and function status and electrodiagnostic findings in patients with carpal tunnel syndrome
- Effects of mindfulness based cognitive therapy on disability, thickness of the lumbar multifidus muscle, fear avoidance beliefs and metacognitive beliefs in the subjects with non-specific low back pain
- Sonohysterography for evaluation of endometrial abnormalities in breast cancer patients under tamoxifen therapy
- Is there a relationship between body mass index and postural deviations in overweight and obese powerlifting athletes?
Address: Social Factors Affecting Health Research Center, Ibn Sina Building, Educational and research campus complex of Semnan University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, 5 km of Damghan Road, Semnan, Iran
Postal Code: 35147- 99442