Strategic Plan of Neuromuscular Rehabilitation Research Center
Human knowledge is evolving at an astonishing rate. Today, research, especially in the field of rehabilitation as an item of sustainable development, develops human society. Meanwhile, universities and research centers as places for knowledge production meet the growing need in the field of rehabilitation and changes in the social structure by formulating their strategic plans in accordance with the prevailing conditions and capabilities. So, they use resources to advance their goals.
Developing a documented strategic plan enables managers to plan for the aim of organizational growth and development, with a realistic view of opportunities, capabilities, threats and weaknesses, and to prevent the organization from overworking and misguided in advance.
The Strategic Plan Document of the Neuromuscular Rehabilitation Research Center has been compiled with the emphasis that "the implementation of the Strategic Plan should be operational at the level of the entire organization" and undoubtedly has technical and content shortcomings.
It is hoped that applying and implementing of this document pave the way for the promotion of the real status of applied research in order to achieve justice in public health.
We aim to increase our country’s share in the production of science, promote justice in health and create equitable opportunities to promote neuromuscular rehabilitation for all people by regional, national and international research projects in the field of neuromuscular rehabilitation, and combining research in education and community health management. We aim to provide a research platform in an intimate environment by relying on efficient human resources, connecting with other scientific centers, attracting credits of potential internal and external resources, especially community participation.
Conducting fundamental, applied, fundamental and applied research in the field of rehabilitation in order to achieve the ideals of the comprehensive scientific plan and 20-year vision of the country
- The most important mission of this center is to lead and implement applied and developmental research and knowledge production in the field of neuromuscular rehabilitation and how to achieve justice in line with the vision of national development.
- Translating neuromuscular rehabilitation knowledge, providing guidance and advice to policy makers and those in charge of the rehabilitation system through relevant authorities in order to promote and develop justice in community rehabilitation.
- Empowering and attracting the participation of the community and non-governmental organizations, attracting the support of organizations, especially the Secretariat of Social Determinants of Health, for research, production, dissemination of science, promotion of rehabilitation literacy and presentation of related practical models.
- Training and upgrading knowledge in order to get acquainted with the concepts of rehabilitation.
Planning, conducting and supervising research in various fields of rehabilitation, including rehabilitation of musculoskeletal disorders and electrodiagnosis in the country so that at the end of the program we have the vision of the best rehabilitation research center in the country and the region.
We believe in the sanctity of knowledge and research and the undeniable importance of their positions in the development of justice in rehabilitation and observance of ethical standards in research and honoring the researcher. So, this center strives to produce knowledge by teamwork and creating sublime motivations, and to step towards human perfection and the realization of a healthy society based on justice in rehabilitation by emphasis on continuous improvement of the quantity and quality of related research and dissemination of knowledge.
- The only neuromuscular rehabilitation research center of the university
- Existence of specialized educational section for MSc (general physiotherapy, sports physiotherapy)
- Existence of independent building
- Required research facilities and equipment
- Restrictions on hiring faculty
- Restrictions on hiring laboratory experts and administrative staff
- The need of society and the country for research in the field of rehabilitation
- Improving living conditions and increasing the life and population growth of the elderly with chronic and debilitating diseases in the country, such as stroke and the need for research in this area
- Occurrence of non-miscellaneous accidents in the country and in the region and its complications such as spinal cord injuries, amputation, etc. and need for research in the field of rehabilitation of these patients.
- Emphasis on improving the quality of life, especially in the disabled, and the need for research in this area
- Existence of credits and budget allocation to carry out measures in the field of rehabilitation
- Honoring disabled people and those in need of rehabilitation services in Islamic-Iranian culture and beliefs
- Lack of sufficient knowledge in the field of rehabilitation
- Overlapping with some similar centers
- Conducting research on achieving the most effective rehabilitation method in patients with Neuromuscoloskletal disorders
- Conducting research on the application and use of electrodiagnosis methods
- Publication of research results in international journals
- Contacting with similar international research centers
General objectives of the program
G1: Laying the groundwork and increasing the quantity and quality of research in the field of neuromuscular rehabilitation
G2: Targeting research in the field of rehabilitation
G3: Applying the results of rehabilitation research
G4: Increasing the resource absorption
G1: Laying the groundwork and increasing the quantity and quality of research in the field of rehabilitation
G1O1: Promoting knowledge of applied, participatory and developmental research methods among faculty members who are inside and outside of the center, researchers, managers and staff of the rehabilitation department by 10% of the annual base level
G1O1A1: Holding annual special workshops, 3 workshops
G1O1A2: Training needs assessment among researchers, faculty members and managers related to the field of rehabilitation
G1O1A3: Educational evaluation of each workshop
G1O2: Increasing the number of targeted projects based on the needs and priorities in the field of rehabilitation to the annual rate of 4 research projects
G1O2A1: Providing grants to researchers of the university who have targeted projects based on rehabilitation research needs and priorities
G1O2A2: Requesting for presentation of research priorities in the field of rehabilitation from other involved organizations
G1O2A4: Preparation, standardization and localization of measurement tools related to the research areas of the center
G1O3: Facilitating of the communication and scientific exchanges between researchers and stakeholders of the Rehabilitation and Welfare Department and the faculty of the Rehabilitation Research Center in order to design joint projects from the beginning of the program.
G1O3A1: Holding joint meetings between Neuromuscular Rehabilitation Research Center and related organizations once every 6 months of the year, from the beginning of the program
G1O3A2: Prioritizing the targeted joint projects (customer oriented)
G1O3A3: Members of the Neuromuscular Rehabilitation Research Center visit potential fields of relevant organizations
G1O4: Increasing the number of projects leading to an article published in or outside the country by at least, one article published and one article presented in Congress for each research project
G1O4A1: Providing financial incentives to researchers who have published articles in scientific journals on neuromuscular rehabilitation under the name of Research Center
G1O4A2: Facilitating study opportunities or participation in overseas congresses with a higher quota than other faculty members for researchers who have submitted targeted projects and published them as articles
G1O5A1: Preparing a list of joint projects that can be done with international organizations
G1O5A2: Preparing facilities for review, expertise and approval of joint projects outside the current process of approval of projects in the University Research Council
G1O5A3: Defining of at least one international project
G1O6: Providing the required scientific resources for research for applicants to implement research projects in the related field at a rate of at least 25% per year
G1O6A1: Needs assessment in the field of scientific resource needs of the research center
G1O6A2: Preparation of the list of scientific needs of the center in the first year
G1O6A3: Holding a joint meeting with directors of information, library, publication and finance to meet needs
G2: Targeting research in neuromuscular rehabilitation
G2O1: Establishing a management structure to engage people in order to understand and address problems, needs in the field of neuromuscular rehabilitation
G2O1A1: Holding necessary meetings with governmental organizations, explaining the participation of other organizations such as welfare and education
G2O1A3: Conducting field research on neuromuscular rehabilitation
G2O2: Providing at least 2 community-based participatory needs assessment projects
G2O2A1: Justifying needs assessment projects by holding meetings, preparing and distributing pamphlets among other organizations such as welfare and education
G2O2A2: Granting to researchers interested in the field of needs assessment
G2O2A3: Providing feedback on the results of needs assessment projects to the Vice Chancellor of Research of University, at the end of each project and at the end of each year
G2O3: Development of research priorities in the field of neuromuscular rehabilitation
G2O3A1: Holding joint meetings of the center with stakeholders to determine research priorities every 6 months
G2O3A2: Using the results of research projects of needs assessment to compile a list of research priorities
G2O3A3: Submitting a list of research priorities to the Vice Chancellor of Research of University
G2O4: Developing a strategic plan of the center during the first year and conducting a biennial review
G2O4A1: Forming the center's strategic plan development committee
G2O4A2: Holding regular meetings with the members of the plan development committee every week in the first 3 months of the center’s establishment
G2O4A3: Development of a plan and its written announcement at the end of the first 3 months of the center’s establishment
G2O4A4: Submitting the plan through the university website
G2O5: Increasing scientific exchanges with other organizations in charge of neuromuscular rehabilitation and developing at least one joint plan with these organizations annually
G2O5A1: Preparation of a list of organizations in charge of rehabilitation in the country in the first year of the program
G2O5A2: Correspondence with Rehabilitation organizations to hold joint meetings in the first year
G2O5A3: Members of the Neuromuscular Rehabilitation Center visit the responsible organizations to estimate the scientific capacity and scientific human resources to carry out joint projects
G2O5A4: Inviting scientific and executive people of rehabilitation organizations to get acquainted with the capabilities (potentials) of the center
G3: Applying and using the results of neuromuscular rehabilitation research
G3O1: Documenting and publishing the results of university research projects related to neuromuscular rehabilitation continuously at least one report per year
G3O1A1: Reviewing all research projects conducted in the university in the field of neuromuscular rehabilitation and preparation of a list of their titles
G3O1A2: Collecting and extracting the results of projects related to the field of neuromuscular rehabilitation that have been done so far in universities and university-related centers
G3O1A3: Documenting scientifically collected results and publication of them
G3O1A4: Reflection of collected project results to stakeholders during the program years