Head of the Center
Vice- Chancellor of Research of the Center
The Research Center of the Stem Cells of Nervous System of Semnan University of Medical Sciences and Health Services was established in May 2011 with the approval of the University Board, the efforts of the group colleagues and the assistance of university officials. Following continuous follow-up, this center succeeded in obtaining a principled agreement from the relevant ministry in 2013.
Address of the center in the scientometric system of the Ministry of Health:
Goals and Views
The overall goal of this center is to increase the research capabilities and to gain the scientific position of the Nervous System Stem Cell Research Center at the regional, national and international levels. The specific goals of this center include:
- Development and application of human knowledge in the field of stem cell sciences, especially in the area of the nervous system
- To carry out the basic and clinical epidemiologic research to reform the country's health care system to meet the needs of the Muslim community
- Training the efficient researchers on the field of stem cells
- To promote the quality and quantity of researches related to the basic medical sciences and directing them towards the challenges in treatment
Retina, MS, Spinal Cord Injuries, Peripheral Nerves, Pain, Parkinson / Alzheimer, Tissue Engineering, Infertility, Memory and Diabetes, Cancer and Nervous System, more...
Features and capabilities
Different parts of the center include: laboratories for stem cell extraction and isolation, cell and tissue culture and passage, microinjection, immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence, histotechnics, histomorphometry, conference hall, library, etc.
Stem Cells Research Center is active in various fields of stem cells and cellular and molecular biology. The faculty members, research projects, and graduate students complete their dissertations on embryonic and adult stem cells, embryo culture, and cellular and molecular biology at the center.
Research Centers based in this research center
- Retinal Center
- MS Specialized Center
- Spinal Cord Injury Center
- Specialized Center for Peripheral Nerves
- Pain Center
- Parkinson's / Alzheimer's Center
- Tissue Engineering Center
- Specialized Center for Infertility
- Specialized Center for Memory and Diabetes
- Specialized Center for Cancer and Nervous System
- Center for Inventions and Innovations
Laboratories of NSSCR Center
- ELISA Laboratory
- Histotechnical Laboratory
- Imaging Laboratory
- Laboratory of Cell Culture
- Microinjection Laboratory
Instructions for work in the Nervous System Stem Cells Research Center
- It is necessary for the student and researchers to introduce themselves to the expert of the center before starting work in the center. To do a research project or dissertation, they should submit a copy of the proposal and permission of the ethics committee to the expert of the center and inform the completion of the project or dissertation.
- In articles extracted from projects approved by the research center or projects whose work has been done in the center, the center affiliate must be listed as the first affiliate by at least one author. The standard affiliation of the center is as follows, please click here
- Effects of Paraoxon Exposure on Expression of Apoptosis-Related Genes, Neuronal Survival, and Astrocyte Activation in Rat Prefrontal Cortex
- Paraoxon-induced damage in rat hippocampus is associated with alterations in the expression of apoptosis-related proteins
- Mesenchymal stem cells with granulocyte colony-stimulating factor reduce stress oxidative factors in parkinson's disease
- Effects of hydroalchoholic extract of Iranian propolis on acute, chronic and visceral pain in mice
- Adaptation of MC3T3 cell line to Dulbecco's Modified Eagle's medium
- Co-administration of Aluminum Sulfate and Propolis Regulates Matrix Metalloproteinases-2/9 Expression and Improves the Uterine Leiomyoma in Adult Rat Model
- Optimized Dose of Dendritic Cell-based Vaccination in Experimental Model of Tumor Using Artificial Neural Network
- Association of adiponectin gene polymorphisms and their haplotypes with type 2 diabetes and related metabolic traits in an Iranian population
- Adenosine blockage in tumor microenvironment and improvement of cancer immunotherapy
- Corrosion of Al2O3-Ti composites under inflammatory condition in simulated physiological solution
- Possible involvement of PI3K/AKT/mTOR signaling pathway in the protective effect of selegiline (deprenyl) against memory impairment following ischemia reperfusion in rat
Nervous System Stem Cells Research Center, Ibn Sina Building, International Campus of SEMUMS, Road 5 Km of Damghan, Semnan, Iran.
Postal Code: 3513138111